An introduction to web harvesting
Web harvesting refers to the process of collecting and organizing data from a web page. Harvesting techniques include:
- Writing specialized programs whose job it is to decipher items of interest among vast amounts of HTML data from a web page.
- Using specialized user-friendly software that allows you to collect the data without programming experience.
- Copying the data you want by hand.
Mozenda is a mix of many web harvesting techniques. With Mozenda you can quickly set up and retrieve information from any website. With a friendly user interface, you do not need any programming experience to extract the data you want.
Unlike other web harvesting software, Mozenda uses browser-rendering technology which allows the Mozenda application to look and behave like someone using a web browser.
There are multiple benefits to this approach:
- Mozenda loads and navigates pages just like anyone using a browser.
- Mozenda can click and activate any item on a web page and wait for it to load.
- Mozenda can easily navigate through deeply-nested web pages.
- Mozenda replicates your actions across multiple pages and categories. You only have to set up the navigation and capture an action once.