What's a cookie?
A cookie is a piece of information that is stored by a browser. This information acts as an identification card or history, letting the website know you've been there before.
The next time you visit the website, your browser sends the information stored in the cookie to the website, enabling the website to “remember” you to provide a better experience. Cookies can be used to save your session, preferences, progress in filling out forms, and other information.
Using cookies with Mozenda agents
Mozenda’s Cookie Stores feature allows you to save cookies for use in building and running your agents. Just like when you browse to the site manually, when your agent goes to the website, the site will use the cookies to "recognize" your agent to restore your session information and preferences, allowing you to simplify your agent design.
- Log into websites that use two-factor authentication.
- Log into websites that use CAPTCHA validation.
- Restore personalized data such as shopping carts and order histories.
Note: Every cookie has an expiration date, but it varies, based on its website. Once the cookie expires, you'll have to create a new cookie for your agent.
To save cookies in your agent:
- Start building or editing an agent.
- While in browse mode, follow the normal steps to log into the site.
- Once logged in, click Save Cookie to create a cookie.
- Enter in desired information to save cookies.
- Click Save to create another cookie or click Save and Start Agent to start creating an agent with the current cookie.
Clicking Save and Start Agent will automatically add the cookie to the beginning of the agent.
- Once a cookie is saved it can also be added to an agent by using the Add Action tab and clicking on Load Cookie Store.
- The Cookie Store allows you to see and edit all of your existing cookies. It can be accessed using the Cookie Store icon in the upper right-hand corner of your builder.
See the following video for more information on using cookies.