Find and replace captured text with content replacements
Content replacement lets you find and replace text extracted from a web page to customize what you're saving to your agent’s data collection.
- With an agent open in the agent builder, right-click a Capture action in the action list.
- Click Refine Captured Text.
- In the window that appears, select Content Replacements.
- Click New > Text Replacement.
- In the Find: section, enter the text you want to remove or replace.
- This will find all matches to the entered text and remove it from the captured text.
- To replace text that matches a certain pattern instead of a specific piece of text, check the box next to Regular Expression. If you haven’t used regular expressions before, there are many useful online resources for learning about and testing them.
- In the Replace with section, enter the new text that will replace the old text.
- To remove text without replacing it, leave the Replace with section empty.
- Confirm in the Content after replacement panel that the content replacement is working as intended.
- Confirm in the Captured Text Preview panel that the correct information appears.
Always update the capture definition after creating a content replacement. If the capture definition was written based on the original text, replacing the text or changing its format using content replacements may cause the capture definition to fail.
- Click SAVE.
- You can create multiple text replacements for a single piece of captured text. They are run in the order specified, but you can re-order them at any time.
Was this article helpful?